by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2592 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 623923 times
paneer bhurji | dry paneer bhurji | how to make paneer bhurji | with 18 mazing images.
paneer bhurji is made from paneer, tomatoes, onions, spices and pav bhaji masala which are cooked together on a non stick tava.
Paneer bhurji is a popular preparation loved by Indians across the world. It is an easy, spicy dish that tastes great with bread and parathas!
Down South, dry paneer bhurji is sometimes used as a stuffing for dosas to make paneer dosa, similar to the aloo-filled Masala Dosa!
The most important tip for making fantastic paneer bhurji is to use fresh cottage cheese, and make the bhurji just before serving, otherwise it tends to get a little soggy. We suggest you make your paneer at home and follow ourhomemade paneer recipe.
We love paneer bhurji as it is healthy. Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetics. potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure.
Have Paneer Bhurji with with Indian breads like Chapati or Plain Paratha accompained with pickles and raita of your choice.
Learn how to make paneer bhurji | dry paneer bhurji with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make paneer bhurji, heat the oil on a tava (griddle) and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, chilli powder, green chillies and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, salt and coriander and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the paneer bhurji hot.
Paneer Bhurji Video by Tarla Dalal
Paneer Bhurji recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.