Palak Toast Topped with Pizza Sauce and Cheese
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5931 times
In this totally unique snack, bread slices are layered with a luscious mixture of potatoes and spinach puree flavoured with ginger, garlic and green chillies, and deep-fried till crisp.
This crunchy and super tasty toast is then served with a topping of cheese and pizza sauce. Every bite of the Palak Toast Topped with Pizza Sauce and Cheese shows off its exciting blend of flavours and textures to your taste buds!
When you apply the palak mixture to the bread, press it well with your fingers to make sure it binds well. Otherwise, it will separate when frying the bread.
You also need to be a bit tactful when deep-frying the palak-coated bread. Make sure you fry only one piece at a time, and take care when turning the slice around to avoid oil splashing out.
Although a bit of care is needed while making this recipe, it is completely worth the effort because the super-tasty result is very unique and special.
You can also try other interesting toasts like the Mixed Vegetable Open Toast and Oats Moong Toast .
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain and refresh using cold water.
- Blend the palak in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the palak purée in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the palak mixture into 6 equal portions.
- Place 1 bread slice on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the palak mixture evenly on the slice and press it lightly.
- Repeat step 2 to make 5 more such bread slices.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the bread slice topped with palak mixture, till it turns golden brown in colour. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Top with 1 tbsp of pizza sauce and 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over each deep-fried bread slice.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per toast
|Vitamin A||1452 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||19.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||41.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.