by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44690 times
Ever thought of making kadhi with an infusion of palak? Sounds strange, but tastes and looks very interesting. Palak purée and green paste imparts flavouir along with a bright green colour and vitamin A to the dish. You can skip the garlic if you do not like its flavour. Serve with a bowl of brown rice.
- Combine the curds, besan and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and mix it well using a hand blender till no lumps remain.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and green paste and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida and dry roast for about 30 seconds.
- Add the besan-curds mixture, mix wel land cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, garlic, spinach purée and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 42 kcal|
|Protein|| 2.4 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 7.2 gm|
|Invisible fat|| 0.4 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.9 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 698.3 mcg|
|Calcium|| 68.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.