Oats Rava Palak Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 177 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82460 times
You might have tried a variety of dhokla with various flours, flavours and tempering, but have you ever tried a combination of oats, semolina and spinach for your dhokla batter? This nutritious combo gives you many essential nutrients including protein , calcium and iron , in a sumptuous platter.
This Oats Rava Palak Dhokla is a thoroughbred zero-oil recipe that does not even use oil for greasing. Amaze your family with these innovative dhoklas, which is so tasty that everybody will be astonished when you tell them it’s made of oats!
Serve with Healthy Green Chutney or Healthy Coconut Chutney .
- Combine the oats, semolina, curds, green chilli paste, salt and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and 2 tbsp of water and mix well to make a batter of dropping cocsistency.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and ¼ cup of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Keep aside to cool for 3 to 4 minutes and cut into diamond shaped equal sized pieces.
- Serve immediately.
- For ½ cup of powdered oats, blend ¾ cup of quick cooking rolled oats in a mixer.
Oats Rava Palak Dhokla (Zero Oil Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.