Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19429 times
Pregnancy is a time to be enjoyed. It’s a golden period when you feel quite indulgent, and yet have to strike a balance between your sudden hunger pangs, changing tastes and good health. Here is a quick snack for such times! the oats palak sprouts mini uttapa is not just toothsome but also rich in nutrients – you get iron, folic acid and vitamin a from the spinach, fibre and protein from the sprouts and oats. Tons of good health for the little life inside you!
- Combine the oats, urad dal, green chilli paste, salt, spinach purée and 1½ cups of water in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a mini uttapa pan and grease it lightly using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter in each uttapa mould to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Top all the uttapas of the 1st batch using 2 tbsp of onions and ¼ cup of mixed sprouts.
- Cook them, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Remove from the tava (griddle) and sprinkle a little chaat masala over each mini uttapa.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to 14 make more mini uttapas in 2 more batches.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.
- 1 cup of quick cooking rolled oats gives 1 cup of coarsely powdered oats.
- 2½ cups of chopped spinach when blanched and blended gives ½ cup of spinach purée.
Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapa (Multi-nutrient recipe for Pregnancy) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini uttapa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.