Oats Adai, Oats Spinach Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7914 times
Adai is one of the most popular South Indian snacks. It is a slightly thicker pancake compared to dosas, and is made with a spicy batter of rice and pulses.
Here, we have made a modern variant using crushed oats. The Oats Adai is quick and easy to make, and incredibly healthy too! Ready in minutes, this recipe is made with a batter of oats and spinach boosted with flavourful ingredients like onions, green chillies, ginger and spice powders.
Oats being rich in fibre, this recipe will keep you full for quite some time. It is also packed with nutrients, such as the folic acid, iron and leutin from spinach, which help to increase haemoglobin levels and benefit the heart too.
With a perfect crunch and awesome flavour, this is a good recipe to enjoy for breakfast !
Try other adai recipe like Adai Dosa .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl along with 1½ cups of water and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with ¼ tsp of oil, pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle), spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") adai and cook it using ¼ tsp of oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 3 to make 7 more adais.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per adai
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.