Oats and Vegetable Au Gratin
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18548 times
Au gratin is a continental dish, traditionally made with fat-laden white sauce and cheese. Here we have made the white sauce using low-fat milk, and to your surprise, we have used fibre-rich oats for thickening it! The Oats and Vegetable Au Gratin is also chock-full of colourful veggies, which are high in fibre, iron and vitamin A. Serve this healthy delicacy immediately and fresh with whole wheat garlic bread to make a sumptuous meal.
- Combine the oats and whole wheat flour in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the low-fat milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the mixture thickens, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Combine the oats, white sauce and all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the oats evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the oats have evenly browned.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.