Mini Bajra and Oats Uttapa ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35912 times
mini bajra oats uttapam for toddlers recipe | healthy bajra oats mini uttapam | healthy mini uttapam for kids | mini oats uttapam for toddlers | with 23 amazing images.
Mini bajra oats uttapam for toddlers is a finger food which babies love to hold and learn self-eating and independence. Healthy bajra oats mini uttapam is also quick as it doesn’t have fermenting. There is only 1 hour of resting time. Learn how to make mini oats uttapam for toddlers.
To make mini bajra oats uttapam for toddlers, you need a little bit of planning as bajra has to be soaked for 8 hours. This helps in easy digestion. Drain it, add clean water and pressure cook it for 5 whistles. Add all the remaining ingredients to it like bajra flour, urad dal flour, curd, carrot, oats and salt along with ¼ cup of water. Mix well and keep aside for about an 1 hour. When you want to serve make round uttapams in a mini uttapa pan. Cook the uttapams with little oil as mentioned in the recipe.
‘Mini’ is the best format to serve your child, as it is easy for them to handle all by themselves! But the best part is that these healthy mini uttapam for kids recipe is mini only in size, but maxi in nutrient value, all thanks to carefully chosen ingredients like iron-rich bajra and fibre-rich oats. Oats will provide energy and the iron from bajra will help in carrying this energy and other nutrients to all parts of the body.
Grated carrot improves the texture, adds a mild sweetness and a lot of vitamins too, to the healthy bajra oats mini uttapam. While this recipe requires a long soaking time, it does not need to be fermented, so you can soak the bajra overnight and prepare the uttapa for your baby’s breakfast, for a power-packed start to the day.
Serve these mini oats uttapam for toddlers immediately so that the kids can enjoy the perfect texture.
Enjoy mini bajra oats uttapam for toddlers recipe | healthy bajra oats mini uttapam | healthy mini uttapam for kids | mini oats uttapam for toddlers | with step by step photos.
- To make mini bajra oats uttapam, combine the whole bajra and ½ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the whole bajra along with the water in a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and approx. ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat a mini non-stick uttapa pan and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter in each uttapa mould to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Cook the uttapas, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 7 more mini uttapas, in 1 more batch.
- Serve the mini bajra oats uttapam immediately.
Mini Bajra and Oats Uttapa ( Baby and Toddler) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini uttapa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.