Nacho Chips with Cheese Dip ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12091 times
The all-time favourite combo of Nacho Chips with Cheese Dip is not only energizing but also delightful to kids because they love the ‘chip-n-dip’ concept. It will be so much fun to find such an exciting option in the tiffin box that they would love to share it with their friends, so make sure you pack a little extra. You can use readymade nacho chips to save time. When making the dip, make sure you cook it for exactly the mentioned time although it might be a little thin then. We are removing it in a semi-done consistency because it is going to be packed in a box and eaten after a few hours, at which time it will be perfect! This flavourful cheese dip stays fresh in the dabba for 4 to 5 hours. Also pack some Healthy No Bake Cookies in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling and prick it evenly with a fork.
- Cut into 16 equal triangles and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few chips at a time, on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- Combine the cheese slices, milk, mixed herbs and chilli flakes in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow the cheese dip to cool completely.
- Pack the nacho chips in an air-tight tiffin box, with the cheese dip in a separate air-tight box.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||352.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.