Mint Ice Cream, Creamy Pudina Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7486 times
Here is a totally awesome Mint Ice-Cream, which is flavoured with fresh mint leaves and not synthetic syrups. This gives the ice-cream a pleasantly minty flavour, which is not overwhelmingly strong or too sweet.
The ice-cream itself is too good, thanks to the proper mix of milk, cream and milk powder, which give it a lusciously creamy consistency. Enjoy the Mint Ice-Cream garnished with a few sprigs of mint. You could also top it with a complementary ingredient like stewed strawberries or chocolate chips .
If you like flavour of mint do check our minty drink recipes like Mint and Ginger Lemon Drink , Mint Basil Granita , Mint and Orange Drink , Minty Cucumber Cooler , Minty Citrus Punch , Watermelon and Mint Drink , Mint Chaas , Minty-Jamun GingerCapriosca and Minty Mango Delight .
- Combine the cornflour and cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the milk, sugar, cornflour-milk mixture and milk powder in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Simmer on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously or till it is thick. Cool completely.
- Add the fresh cream, mint leaves, lemon juice, peppermint essence and green food colour and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow container cover and freeze till almost set. Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||251.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.