Makai Khumb Jalfrazie ( Swadisht Subzian)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18501 times
Jalfrazie is usually a dish with green chillies, capsicum and onions as the base. I have used my favourite combination of corn kernels and mushrooms as the main ingredients but if these are not your favourites, feel free to use any other vegetables of your choice.
- Combine the cornflour and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, coriander-cumin seeds powder and chilli powder, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato ketchup and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, corn kernels, capsicum, cornflour-water mixture, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the mushrooms are cooked and gravy is thick, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||281.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||39 mg|
|Folic Acid||27.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.