Lahsun ka Achaar, Punjabi Lehsun Achar Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 184389 times
Here is a peppy garlic pickle that is sure to shake awake your taste buds! In this Lehsun ka Achaar, the garlic cloves are flavoured with chilli powder and a special masala, made of four aromatic seeds and asafoetida.
This masala must be ground coarsely, in order to get the correct mouth-feel. Lemon juice adds a tangy dimension to this pickle, while jaggery imparts a mild sweetness, which helps to highlight the spicy notes of the special masala. Allow this pickle to cure for a week before serving.
Serve this achaar as an accompaniment to pep up the main course or simply enjoy with your favourite rotis / puris / parathas .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan till smoky.
- Add the garlic cloves and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes or till the jaggery dissolves.
- Switch off the flame, add the masala powder to the cooked garlic mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cool and bottle in a sterilised glass jar.
- Store in a cool dry place. This pickle is ready for the table after 1 week.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.