Jain Special- Kele Ke Kofte
by Rakhee amit jain
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13065 times
As a jain, we prepare banana recipes in the paryushan festival or on tithis,to avoid potatoes. It is satvik food. It can be varied by using potatoes. . . And can also b eaten as koftas (pakoras) without the gravy.
Add your private note
Jain Special- Kele Ke Kofte recipe - How to make Jain Special- Kele Ke Kofte
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 5 servings
- Peel and mash the bananas.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small equal sized balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cloves and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafeotida, bay leaf, ginger and green chilli, beaten curd, garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric and 50 ml water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the gravy is cooked.
- Add the koftas and simmer for a few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Rakhee amit jain on 12 Oct 2011I am Rakhee Jain, from chennai. Iam a house wife n trying to learn new cooking ideas & recipes.I am ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.