Homemade Dabeli Masala Powder
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51627 times
Spice mixes, although readily available in stores, are best made at home because they have a better aroma and flavour compared to those made commercially in bulk.
Dabeli Masala too can be made easily at home. The Homemade Dabeli Masala Powder can be used to easily make the popular Gujarati snack, Dabeli, where a potato mixture flavoured with this masala is sandwiched between butter-roasted ladi pav.
You can also use the spice powder innovatively to flavour veggies, rice, etc. The masala powder can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for over 10 months!
- Combine the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise and bayleaves in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove in a big plate and keep aside.
- In the same broad non-stick pan, add the dry coconut, dry red chillies and sesame seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Remove in the same plate and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the black salt and red chilli powder.
- Blend it in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the sugar and oil and mix well with your hands.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. Use as required.
Homemade Dabeli Masala Powder by Tarla Dalal
Homemade Dabeli Masala Powder recipe with step by step photos
Like Homemade Dabeli Masala Powder, then see our other Homemade spice mix recipes. From readymade soups and pastes to chutneys and dry spice mixes, nowadays in this fast pacing life, everything is easily available in stores. But, there are many people who still prefer preparing their own Indian spice-mix at homes like the garam masala, chole masala, chaat masala, sambar masala etc. Our website does have all these basic masala recipes that will help you make lip-smacking food at home:
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.