Homemade Tandoori Masala Powder Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36588 times
Bringing together a wide assortment of spices in one handy powder form, the Homemade Tandoori Masala Powder makes it easy to add a spicy touch to your culinary adventures!
This recipe gives you the same flavour and aroma as store-bought Tandoori Masala, in fact even better because it is freshly-made at home. You can make a batch of this spice powder and store it in an airtight container to quickly add josh to dishes ranging from tikkis to parathas , subzis and rice dishes.
Try your hand at some Tandoori dishes like Tandoori Paneer Tikka and Tandoori Aloo .
- Combine the cinnamon, cloves, mace, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, black cardamom and green cardamom in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add dried fenugreek leaves , mix well for few seconds.
- Transfer the mixture on a plate cool completely.
- Blend it in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the powder into a deep bowl, add the ginger powder, garlic powder, nutmeg powder and red food colour and mix well.
- Sieve the powder in a deep bowl and discard the left over coarse powder and store it in an air-tight container.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||0 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.