Chai ka Masala, Chai Powder, Tea Masala, Indian Masala Tea Powder
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 274 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 317454 times
A dash of spices always makes chai a lot more interesting, especially on cold winter days and wet monsoon ones! The Chai ka Masala is the secret behind making the perfect Masala Chai , and here we show you how to make this magic ingredient.
A bit of this and a bit of that, roasted and blended together to make an aromatic and flavourful chai, that can pep you up and comfort you like a good friend would...
Enjoy Masala Tea with your Breakfast , invite friends over for a cup of tea and yummy Evening Tea Snacks .
- Combine the cloves, cardamom, black peppercorns and cinnamon in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Transfer into a plate and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the dried ginger powder, nutmeg powder and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- This remains fresh for 4 months when stored in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||0 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.