Minty Spicy Lemongrass Milk
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 210 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43856 times
A hot glass of milk can be very comforting indeed, especially when it is pepped up with aromatic spices. Here is a hot cuppa that will soothe your senses and rejuvenate you when a bad cold saps your energy.
Lemongrass and mint leaves add vitamin C to this pleasing beverage, helping to relieve cold and cough by improving immunity levels.
Turmeric powder added to this Minty Spicy Lemongrass Milk also works wonders by protecting your body from infections.
- Combine 2 cups of water, lemongrass stalks, mint leaves and sugar, mix well and boil.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the aroma is released and the water is reduced to half.
- Add the ginger and chai masala, mix well and boil on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, bring to a boil and simmer on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well and boil on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Remove from the flame and strain using a strainer.
- Pour into 2 individual glasses and serve hot.
Minty Spicy Lemongrass Milk by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.