Green Peas and Mint Soup ( Healthy Heart)
by Tarla Dalal
2/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30293 times
This unusual combination of green peas and mint may surprise you, but this is one of the most appreciated recipes that I make. And it is so easy to prepare too!! The wealth of this soup lies in the fibre-rich green peas and which help to decrease blood cholesterol levels.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and sauté the onions on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the green peas and 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer into a pan, add cornflour-water mixture, salt, pepper and mint, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 81 calories|
|Protein|| 4.1 gm.|
|Carbohydrate|| 10.3 gm.|
|Fat|| 2.6 gm.|
|Fibre|| 4.7 gm.|
|Iron|| 1.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.