Grated Cauliflower with Peas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44643 times
Cauliflower has an innate charm, which pleases people of all age groups if prepared properly. Its subtle flavour is not only pleasing to the palate, but also works well with varied ingredients and spices, as you will see in this delicious preparation of Grated Cauliflower with Peas.
Fiber-rich green peas combines aesthetically with cauliflower, and helps get rid of excess fat from the body, making this zero oil subzi a boon for weight watchers.
Cumin seeds, tomatoes and a horde of other commonly available ingredients help enhance the flavour of this wonderful duo, making this dish a real winner in terms of taste too.
Serve hot with whole wheat rotis or parathas .
- Heat a deep non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
- Add the onions, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger, green chillies and 4 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and 4 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, milk, garam masala and salt, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.