Grated Cauliflower with Peas ( Diabetic Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34366 times
Cooked with minimal oil, this irresistibly tasty dish easily classifies as healthy too! A combination of low-carb cauliflower and succulent, juicy green peas is perked up with aromatic spices, tangy tomatoes and peppy garam masala to make a mouth-watering subzi that you can enjoy with whole wheat phulkas .
The cauliflower is grated to reduce the cooking time, but if you do not like it so fine, you can cut it into small florets. We have used garam masala as it is readily available all over the world, but if you can lay your hands on it, try making this Grated Cauliflower with Peas using Kitchen King Masala for a more enticing flavour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the ginger, green chillies, onions and 1½ tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, turmeric powder, tomatoes, green peas, garam masala and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.