Flax Seed Shakarpara, Diabetic Friendly
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11189 times
We have heard repeatedly that flaxseeds are a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, and are an essential food especially for vegetarians. But, many of us are at a loss of interesting ways to include it in our diet.
While we do attempt to include it in mukhwas , raita , etc., here we present a very innovative way to consume this fibre, calcium and Omega-3 fatty acid rich seed in the form of crunchy shakarparas, which can be enjoyed as an evening snack .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using water as required (approx. ¼ cup). Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle without using any flour for rolling. Trim slightly from 4 sides to get a perfect square.
- Prick it lightly with a fork and cut it into 25 mm. (1") diamond shaped pieces using a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make more shakarparas. You will get approx. 45 shakarparas in all.
- Arrange all the shakarparas on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes or till they turn light brown and crisp from both the sides, while turning twice in between after every 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.