Dhaabay Di Daal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3423 times
18 sprinkle on the dal and serve hot with white basmati rice!
- Firstly, clean, wash and soak all the dals in sufficient water for minimum 6 hours.
- Peel and finely chop onion and garlic.
- Wash, remove stem and finely chop green chillies.
- Next, wash and finely chop the tomatoes.
- Do the same for the corriander leaves.
- Drain soaked dals, then add 6 cups water and pressure-cook for 30 minutes or until the dals are completely cooked.
- Mix them well, using a round ladle.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and stir-fry briefly until golden brown.
- Add onion and green chillies.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes or until the onion is golden-brown in colour.
- Add red chilli and cumin powders and stir-fry briefly.
- Add tomatoes (chopped) and cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the cooked dals and butter.
- Mix well.
- Add salt, chopped corriander leaves and cook dal for 10 minutes on low flame, stirring continuously.
- Crus kasoori methi between the palms
- Sprinkle on the dal and serve hot with white basmati rice!
This recipe was contributed by nirmalataparia on 18 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.