Date and Almond Balls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44243 times
Date and Almond Balls are rich in iron, calcium and dietary fibre. The best part is that they have a sweet taste and chewy texture that kids will love. You can prepare this quickly and easily, so you can even make slightly larger batches and store for a few days in an airtight container at room temperature – to enjoy in between meals or to send to school in the tiffin box. Take care not to stow it into the fridge as it tends to get hard.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the dates, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the almonds and cardamom powder and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, divide the mixture into 15 equal portions and shape each portion into round balls.
- Roll them in dessicated coconut till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ball
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.