Date and Nut Slices
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 201 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 77338 times
Easy, quick, irresistibly delicious – that describes the Date and Nut Slice best of all.
A mouth-watering combo of dates and condensed milk cooked in butter is further enhanced with a generous dose of mixed dried fruits, all of which is then prepared into handy-sized slices.
Store it in an airtight container, to enjoy anytime you wish. Put some in your kids’ snack box, or carry a few to office; you will love to bite into it any time of the day.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the condensed milk and dates, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture into a deep bowl, add the dry fruits, saffron and cardamom powder and mix very well.
- Take a foil on a clean, dry surface and grease it with little butter.
- Place the mixture on one end of the foil to form a cylindrical roll.
- Roll it tightly and seal the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the foil, cut into 12 mm. (1/2”) slices.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Date and Nut Slices recipe with step by step photos
Q. How long can date and nut slices be stored I want to send it to my son who stays in a hostel? A. Hi, it will stay good for a week.. make sure to store date and nut slices in an air-tight container.
Q. Can i use ghee instead of butter in date and nut slices. A. Hi, yes you can use ghee in date and nut slices.
Q. What are dried fruits in date and nut slices ? A. They are nuts. See here for explanation of what are dried fruits? Dried fruits are basically a mix combo of cashew, almond, walnuts, pistachio etc.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.