Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4580 times
This dal can also be made light by replacing the ghee with oil and the thickened milk with regular milk to the dal also.
- Combine the coconut with 1 cup of hot water, mix well and keep aside for 50 minutes.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, boil the milk till it reduces to half. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook the kabuli chana till they are cooked and soft. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and mash the chana lightly.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions and saute on a medium flame, till they turn transparent.
- Add the salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and green chillies, mix well and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add the chana, mix well and bring the dal to boil.
- Add the coconut milk and the thickened milk, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve ho garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by nasim2001 on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.