Curried Garbanzo Beans In A Mild Sauce
This recipe has been viewed 6783 times
Chole (curried garbanzo beans in a mild sauce) is a beans recipe prepared in a true mexican style. The baked beans are cooked in a mildly spiced tomato based curry and enjoyed as a side dish with breads of choice.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the bay leaves, star anise, cinnamon and the ginger and garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for a few minutes or till light brown.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the tomato puree and sauté till the oil starts to separate.
- Add the cumin seeds powder, garam masala, salt, sugar and mint leaves and mix well.
- Add the canned kabuli chan and 1/2 cup of hot water and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by MCGRAFF on 25 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.