Crispy Masala Puri, Jar Snack, Tea Time
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61097 times
Crunchy, aromatic and bursting with flavour, the Crispy Masala Puri is a wonderful jar snack , which will make tea-time quite exciting.
The strong aroma of carom seeds and the balanced spiciness of chilli powder make this deep-fried savoury snack truly irresistible. It is quite easy to make and requires just common ingredients so you do not have to plan ahead to make it. Go for it right away!
You can also try Papdi and Crispy Pasta Snack .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a circle of about 75 mm. (3") diameter and prick them using a knife at regular intervals.
- Repeat step 3 to make 19 more puris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few puris at a time, on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Crispy Masala Puri Video
Nutrient values per puri
|Vitamin A||30 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.