Crispy Pasta Snack ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15254 times
A completely unique snack, prepared somewhat like crispy noodles, which is used as a garnish in Oriental recipes. To prepare the Crispy Pasta Snack, pasta is cooked and dried completely. Then, it is deep-fried and tossed with aromatic and flavourful seasonings such as mixed herbs. Allow this to cool completely and store in an air-tight jar. You can send this delightful snack to school anytime you wish, but just make sure you pack it in an air-tight tiffin box so that it remains crisp and crunchy. Also pack Bread Pizza ( Tiffin Treats) in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
- Combine enough water, oil and salt in a broad non-stick pan, and bring to a boil.
- Add the fusilli, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the fusilli is 50% cooked, while stirring occasionally. Drain well and refresh using enough cold water.
- Place a muslin cloth on a clean, dry surface, spread the cooked pasta over it, and keep aside to dry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the mixed herbs, pepper powder and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry half the pasta, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 5 to make the remaining crispy pastas in one more batch.
- Sprinkle the mixed herbs-pepper mixture immediately on the fried pasta and toss well.
- Allow them to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||250.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||9.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||65.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.