Papdi ( For Chaat)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30856 times
What’s chaat without papdi? Indeed, this crisp, disc-shaped savoury is a must-have on any chaat counter, because it adds an exciting crunch to many a chaat preparation including bhel puri, dahi papdi chaat, and so on. The best part about this semolina plus wheat flour papdi is that it does not get soggy too soon, so you can feel its magic till the very last spoonful!
- Combine the whole wheat flour, semolina, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 60 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle and prick them using a fork at regular intervals.
- Repeat step 3 to make 59 more papdis.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few papdis at a time, on a medium flame till they are crisp and turns golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per papdi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.