by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 246 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66316 times
Bring home the flavours of Mexico, with these authentic Corn Enchiladas. Soft and succulent pancakes are stuffed with a luscious mixture of corn and veggies in white sauce.
Bathed in a chunky sauce of tomatoes, onions and spring onions, these Corn Enchiladas are all set to be baked with a topping of grated cheese.
You will love the cheesy layer, which gives way to creamy, tangy enchiladas that will excite your taste buds and satiate your tummy!
Corn Enchiladas are satiating on its own but if you wish team it up with a bowl of Tomato, Cabbage and Bean Soup or Mexican Rice for a complete meal feel.
- Combine the plain flour, salt and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well until no lumps remain.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5") diameter non-stick pan with ¼ tsp of melted butter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly. Spread ¼ tsp of melted butter evenly over it and cook it for 30 seconds.
- When the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 5 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli flakes and corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the white sauce and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions and garlic in a mixer and blend till smooth without using any water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add all the other ingredients, including the tomato-onion mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the corn stuffing in the centre, sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it and fold one side over the other to make a roll.
- Repeat step 2 to make 5 more stuffed pancakes.
- Pour ¼ cup of the prepared tomato sauce in a baking dish and spread it evenly. Place the stuffed pancakes on it.
- Pour all the remaining tomato sauce evenly over it. Finally sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.