Spinach Stuffed Enchiladas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35032 times
An all-time favourite from the repertoire of Mexican recipes just made its way into the world of Jain cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough by adding enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into thin rounds about 100 mm. (4") diameter with the help of plain flour. Prick all over with a fork.
- Cook lightly on a tava (griddle) on both sides. Keep aside.
- Soak the chillies in ¼ cup of water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a vessel, add the tomatoes and the chillies (with the water) and cook till the tomatoes are soft.
- Blend the mixture in a liquidiser and strain the sauce.
- Add the carom seeds, sugar and salt and boil for at least 10 minutes.
- Keep aside and use as required.
- Pour 1/3rd of the mexican hot sauce at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Put some stuffing on each tortilla and roll them.
- Arrange each stuffed tortilla seam down in the sauce, side by side in the baking dish. Moisten the tops of the tortillas evenly with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the enchiladas. Bake in a hot oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Put a lettuce leaf in the centre of each serving plate. Put two enchiladas on top of each lettuce leaf.
- Serve immediately garnished with sour cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.