Spicy Mushroom Enchiladas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20063 times
Excite your taste buds, the Mexican way! Spicy Mushroom Enchiladas is an absolutely adventurous dish that features corn tortillas stuffed with a tangy and herby mushroom filling.
The enchiladas are drowned in tomato sauce, topped with loads of cheese and baked in an oven, to get the perfect texture and to boost the multiple flavours that feature in this fabulous culinary creation.
Serve the Spicy Mushroom Enchiladas hot and fresh, to get a taste of true excitement!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander and oregano, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the mushroom filling into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a corn tortilla on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the mushroom filling at one end and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 2 to fill 5 more corn tortillas.
- Put ¼ cup of mexican tomato sauce in an oven safe baking dish.
- Place all the filled corn tortillas evenly over it.
- Put the remaining mexican tomato sauce and cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||220 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||34.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.