Chola Dal Pudla
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 153 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47385 times
A traditional Gujarati dish, Chola Dal Pudla is a scrumptious pancake made of a batter of soaked and ground chola dal fortified with chopped fenugreek leaves and other common flavour enhancing ingredients. You will find these succulent, crisp pancakes to be filling and tasty, even better than the quick-fix versions made using besan.
- Soak the chola dal in enough warm water in a deep bowl for 3 hours. Drain, and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste using ¼ cup of water.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and ¼ cup of water and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Cook on a medium flame, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 7 more pudlas.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pudla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.