Chocolate Cinnamon Granola Mix
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 907 times
Even those who eat healthy, balanced meals often tend to lose it when it comes to snacks!
This is because we feel a strong urge to appease sudden hunger pangs by eating whatever is within reach – so in goes a lot of junk, undoing the goodness of all the healthy food habits you follow otherwise.
The best way to fight the junk food monster is to keep lots of healthy snacks within reach, so that when hunger comes uninvited, you have a nice and healthy surprise in store for your tummy!
This Chocolate Cinnamon Granola Mix is one of the best choices. It is quick and easy, with a nice chocolaty flavour and exciting crunch.
It has a good amount of fibre and nutrition, and oats adds to the health quotient by lowering the bad cholesterol in your body. You can make large batches of this healthy and tasty snack, and store it in airtight containers. It is also suitable for vegans.
- Combine the oats, cinnamon powder, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, cocoa powder and sea salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the honey, almond butter and vanilla essence in small bowl and mix well.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well using your hands. Put the mixture on a lined baking tray and spread it evenly.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 minutes, while tossing them once after 5 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.