Cheese and Tomato Tarts ( Finger Foods For Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31509 times
Readily available khari biscuits make a great base for these dainty, delectable tarts. With a nice topping of vegetables, tomato, cheese and oregano, they make ideal, non-messy finger foods. Just serve them and watch your kids enjoy it all by themselves.
- Heat the oil in a broad non–stick pan and add the spring onion whites, spring onion greens, carrot, cabbage and capsicum and sauté on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomato ketchup, chilli-garlic sauce and salt and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Brush the tomato slices with a little olive oil and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over them. Keep aside.
- Arrange the khari biscuits on a non-greased baking tray and spread a portion of the vegetable mixture on each khari biscuit.
- Place a tomato slice and sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese over each khari biscuit.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle a little oregano on each khari biscuits.
- Serve immediately.
Cheese and Tomato Tarts Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per tart
|Vitamin A||77.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.