Cabbage and Onion Roti, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5287 times
Simple, common ingredients are put together to make a delectable roti that fits perfectly into a blood pressure friendly menu.
The crazy crunch of cabbages and onions, together with the spiky flavours of garlic and green chillies make this Cabbage and Onion Roti a drool worthy one.
Apart from adding to the flavour and texture, garlic and onion are also heart-friendly ingredients, which are welcome additions to any high-BP diet.
You can also try other healthy rotis like Oats Flax Seeds Roti and Low Salt Mooli Roti .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti using ¼ tsp of oil on a medium flame till both the sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.