by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Cabbage Foogath in Hindi)
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61864 times
This is a dry vegetable dish made with cabbage. Other vegetables like beans, cluster beans, sabre beans, carrots etc can also be prepared in a similar way. One such dry curry is always served along with a traditional south indian lunch.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cabbage, green peas, ginger and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring once or twice in between.
- Add the coconut, mix gently and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously for another 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.