Butter Naan, How To Make Butter Naan
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Butter Naan, How To Make Butter Naan in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Butter Naan, How To Make Butter Naan in Gujarati)
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15293 times
Naan is the most well-known Indian bread and is fast gaining popularity the world over. The naan is leavened bread prepared in the traditional tandoor.
However for those of us who do not have tandoors in our kitchens, here is a great way of preparing the naan using a non-stick tava. Serve them hot with any Subzi or Dal of your choice.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 5 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl, cover and keep aside for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, curds, melted ghee and salt in a bowl and knead into a soft dough, using enough lukewarm water.
- Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth and keep aside to prove for approx. 30 minutes or till it increases in volume slightly.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Press a portion of the dough, flat on a rolling board and sprinkle ½ tsp of black sesame seeds over it. Roll out into an oblong of 125 mm. (5") using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan over it with the sesame seeds side facing downwards.
- Cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 to make 9 more naans.
- Brush each naan with a little butter and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.