Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3676 times
Water should be always measures 2 1/2 for 1 qty of rice. we don't consider water for vegetables. you may add little turmeric. also add potatoes & a tomato. don't add pudina or coriander.
cut tomatoes, onions & cucumber into small pieces. mix with thick curds & salt
- Wash the rice & vegetables separately.
- Grind in a blender, coconut, khaskhas, jeera, cinnamin, cloves, cardomom,chillies, 3/4 of scliced onions & pepper.
- Take a cooker pan or bigger cooker & directly heat a table of oil.
- To the heated oil add bay leaves & rest of the onions & fry till light brown.
- You may add few pieces of cloves & cinnamom.then add vegetables & rice & fry for 2 mins & add the paste& salt to taste.
- add 5 glasses of water & pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- After the cooker cools, open
This recipe was contributed by jaysree on 05 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.