Bean Sprouts and Green Tomato Salsa Wrap
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12640 times
Here is how you can convert leftover rotis into a tongue-tingling snack. Just use them to wrap up a delectable combination of crunchy bean sprouts and tangy green tomato salsa! The juicily refreshing filling of the Bean Sprouts and Green Tomato Salsa Wrap happens to be rich in iron, vitamin C and fibre, which makes it quite as satiating as a full meal.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, bean sprouts, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients along with ¼ cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Divide the salsa into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the green tomato salsa evenly over it.
- Spread a portion of the bean sprouts mixture on 1 end of the roti and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.