Banoffee Pie, Bpa Free Banoffee Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3589 times
The Banoffee Pie stands for banana-toffee pie, which clearly tells you the highlights of this recipe!
Here, we show you how to make a yummy Banoffee Pie quickly and easily at home. A base of buttery crushed biscuits plays host to sliced bananas laced with a rich and milky caramel sauce, which gives a toffee-like feel to the dessert.
Loads of whipped cream gives you soft and fluffy interludes, which contrast beautifully with the intense taste of caramel and the fruitiness of bananas.
A garnish of grated chocolate is like a fine stroke that transforms the Banoffee Pie into a piece of art, which will enthral one and all!
You can also treat your loved ones and yourself to other favourites like Lemon Pie on Chocolate Crust or Mango Cheese Pie .
- Combine the biscuits and melted butter in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a 7” loose bottomed cake tin and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter and brown sugar in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the condensed milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame and keep aside to cool completely.
- Place ½ cup of bananas on the prepared biscuit base and arrange them evenly all over.
- Put the caramel sauce evenly over it and spread it with the help of a butter knife.
- Put ½ cup of whipped cream over it and spread it evenly.
- Put the remaining ½ cup of bananas over it and spread it evenly.
- Put the remaining ½ cup of whipped cream and again spread it evenly using a butter knife.
- Place the cake tin on a plate and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Demould the pie and garnish with grated chocolate.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.