Apple Pancake, Healthy Diabetic Dessert Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 83957 times
The aroma of apples stewed with cinnamon is just too hard to resist! The fruity and spicy aroma and flavour are guaranteed to delight the taste buds.
While this combo has proved its worth in many forms ranging from pies to cakes, here we have harnessed it to make a delightfully tasty but easy dessert, which is acceptable for diabetics too!
We have used whole wheat flour instead of maida and cornflour to make the pancakes, as these refined flours will raise blood sugar levels rapidly.
The healthy pancakes are then stuffed with fibre-rich apples, tinged with cinnamon and a dash of lemon. Cinnamon, apart from giving the Apple Pancake an awesome flavour, is also very helpful in controlling blood sugar levels. Diabetics can enjoy the Apple Pancake as a dessert, occasionally.
Do try other desserts like Coffee Mousse or Soya Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce .
- Combine the whole wheat flour, salt and 1¼ cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with a little melted butter.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter over it and cook using very little melted butter till it turns light brown in colour.
- Turn the pancake around and cook on the other side as well.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 6 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Combine the apples, cinnamon stick, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of water in a broad non-stick pan and mix gently. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes while tossing it occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the sugar substitute and toss gently. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean dry surface, put 4 cooked apples on one side of the pancake and fold to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat step 1 to stuff 6 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per crepe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.