Soya Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8262 times
As a fitting end to a feisty dinner, try these soya-charged pancakes, which are made with whole wheat flour and served with strawberry sauce. An ideal combination of all your favorite foods to be enjoyed whole-heartedly by all including diabetics!
Freshly made sauce enhances the classical effect of this dessert, however you can make it in bulk and store in refrigerator. Soya is good for health as it is rich in fibre, phytochemmicals and other nutrients. This is such a neat way to incorporate soya into your diet, isn't it?
- Combine the strawberry purée, sugar substitute and cornflour in a deep non-stick pan and simmer till the mixture becomes thick, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, soya flour, cocoa powder, sugar substitute, milk,
- Salt, butter and enough water together in a bowl and mix well to a smooth batter.
- Add the fruit salt and sprinkle some water over it. When the bubbles form, mix
- Grease a non-stick pan with a little oil, pour a ladleful of the batter to make a
- Pancake of 125 mm. (5") in diameter.
- Cook using ½ tsp of oil till both the sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Divide the sauce into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a serving plate and top with a portion of the sauce.
- Repeat to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.