Aloo Tuk, Sindhi Aloo Tuk Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Aloo Tuk, Sindhi Aloo Tuk Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 101162 times
aloo tuk recipe | Sindhi aloo tuk | traditional Sindhi aloo tuk | Sindhi tuk | with 17 amazing images.
This aloo tuk starter is a traditional Sindhi aloo tuk delicacy, made of baby potatoes. Deep-fried and flattened baby potatoes are tossed with a simple yet effective masala prepared with readily available ingredients.
The Aloo Tuk can be served at lunch with tomato curry, or as an evening snack with a hot cup of tea! traditional Sindhi aloo tuk is often made for the beginning of a Sindhi wedding ceremony and before Ganesh pooja. The key is that aloo tuk recipe has no onion and garlic.
Some people make aloo tuk with thick slices of potatoes fried and other with baby potatoes with their skin on and slightly mashed. Sindhi tuk is extremely quick and easy to make. All you need to do is par boil baby potatoes in salted water, drain and keep aside. Further, deep fry them until crisp and brown. Next, press each fried potato between your palms and flatten them and deep fry again.
Further, prepare a masala using dried mango powder, red chili powder, salt and pepper, mix well and sprinkle the masala immediately on the deep fried potatoes as it will stick the potatoes better and toss well. Do not cover the potatoes as it might lose its crispiness due to steam!! Serve Sindhi aloo tuk hot.
Aloo tuk takes me back to my childhood where I was invited at a Sindhi friends house for dinner and since then it has been my go to snack. Aloo tuk with kadhi chawal was like a Bollywood chartbuster!!
Enjoy aloo tuk recipe | Sindhi aloo tuk | traditional Sindhi aloo tuk | Sindhi tuk | with detailed step by step recipe photos and video below.
- To make aloo tuk, wash the baby potatoes very well and parboil them in enough salted water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and deep-fry the potatoes till they turn crisp and light brown in colour. Drain on an absorbent paper and allow them to cool for a while.
- Press each deep-fried potato between the palms of your hands to flatten them and deep-fry again in the same hot oil on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Transfer the aloo tuk into a deep bowl, add the masala powder and toss well. Serve the aloo tuk immediately.
Aloo Tuk Video by Tarla Dalal
Aloo Tuk, Sindhi Aloo Tuk Recipe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.