Aloo Tuk, Sindhi Aloo Tuk Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Aloo Tuk, Sindhi Aloo Tuk Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86824 times
This interestingly named starter is a traditional Sindhi delicacy, made of baby potatoes. Deep-fried and flattened baby potatoes are tossed with a simple yet effective masala prepared with readily available ingredients. The Aloo Tuk is sure to take your taste buds on an enjoyable roller coaster ride!
- Wash the baby potatoes very well and parboil them in enough salted water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and deep-fry the potatoes till they turn crisp and light brown in colour. Drain on an absorbent paper and allow them to cool for a while.
- Press each deep-fried potato between the palms of your hands to flatten them and deep-fry again in the same hot oil on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Transfer them into a deep bowl, add the masala powder and toss well. Serve immediately.
Aloo Tuk Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.