Akhrot Kaju Sheera
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 83% LIKED IT
5 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30352 times
Unlike most sheeras in which nuts feature as a garnish, here two popular nuts – cashew and walnut – come to the centre stage as the main bulk of the sheera.
While the walnuts are coarsely powdered, the cashews are broken, so that there is a good balance of textures, combining a rich graininess and an exciting crunch as well.
The nuts are sautéed well to enhance the flavour and aroma, before cooking them in sugar, to get a really luscious Akhrot Kaju Sheera that is rich enough to become the talk of the day!
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame for approx. 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan. Add the walnuts, mix well and sauté on a slow flame for approx. 4 to 5 minutes, till it is light brown in colour, stirring continuously.
- Add the cashewnuts, prepared sugar syrup, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately garnished with pistachio slivers.
Akhrot Kaju Sheera Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.