Rava Sheera , How To Cook Semolina Sheera ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 432 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33676 times
One of the most popular Indian sweets, the Rava Sheera, can be prepared very easily using the Microwave oven.
While the classic version might take a long time, this will be ready in around 15 minutes – ready to surprise a sudden guest or to offer to God after puja.
Moreover, ingredients used here, such as semolina, milk and sugar are available readily in most homes, as also cardamom and almonds, which are used to flavour and garnish this delectable treat. If you do not have almonds on hand, you can exercise your creativity and use other available nuts to garnish the sheera.
You can also try other popular Indian sweets made using a microwave like Microwave Walnut Barfi , Gajar-ka-Halwa and Sevaiyan ki Kheer .
- Combine the milk, sugar and 1½ cups of water in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes, while stirring once in between after 2½ minutes. Keep aside.
- Put the ghee in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the semolina, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until the semolina is light pink in colour, while stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Add the milk-sugar mixture to it, mix well and microwave on high for 7 more minutes, while stirring twice in between after every 2½ minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almond slivers.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.