by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Ragi Sheera in Hindi)
Added to 159 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46375 times
This sheera truly overflows with calcium, and that too at a low calorie count. Indeed, what a wonderful way to satiate your sweet tooth. Nutritious ragi flour together with a single tablespoon of ghee makes five servings of this delicious cardamom flavoured dessert. However, since the Ragi Sheera makes use of sugar substitute, we would suggest having it only in the small portion size advised here, because too much of even a good thing can be harmful in some cases.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan , add the ragi flour and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of hot water, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the sugar substitute and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- It is very important to use a whisk at step 2 to avoid lumps in the sheera.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serve
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.