Besan Sheera ( Desi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31528 times
Since gram flour is generally known for its thickening properties, besan sheera is very easy and quick to make. You can easily prepare it for functions, party or for sudden but special guests. Just ensure you roast the gram flour well to avoid a raw smell. Also, take care to serve hot.
- Combine the besan, 2 tbsp of milk and 1 tbsp of ghee in a bowl and rub thoroughly and knead like a dough and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Using a grater, grate it very thinly and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a broad vessel, add the grated dough mixture and cook on a slow flame for approx. 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining milk and ¾ cup of water in a deep kadhai, add the flour mixture and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with cardamom powder and almonds slices.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||226.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||25 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.