Added to 581 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 79016 times
Travel into the heartlands of Mexico with hearty and satiating Tacos, one of the most famous dishes of that region. A crispy taco shell, loaded with wholesome rajma topping and tangy uncooked salsa is a delight, which is enhanced further by peppy sauces, juicy lettuce and oh-so-yummy grated cheese! It is a rustic experience, which warms the heart and fills the tummy with its sensual flavours and mealy textures. Serve the Tacos as soon as they are assembled.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma, mix well, mash it lightly using a potato masher and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and mash it lightly using the back of a spoon for 2 to 3 minutes so that the flavours blend well. Keep aside.
- Fill a taco shell with 1 tbsp of rajma topping, ½ tbsp of uncooked salsa and spread ½ tsp of tomato ketchup and ¼ tsp of chilli sauce evenly over it.
- Arrange a few shredded lettuce leaves and 2 tsp of grated cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 13 more tacos.
- Serve immediately.
- ¾ cup of raw rajma when soaked for 8 hours, drained and pressure cooked with enough water for 6 whistles gives 2 cups of cooked rajma.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.