Crusty Potato Fingers ( Mexican Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 291 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36347 times
An extraordinarily crisp starter, perfect for a Mexican meal! In fact, when you dip this spice-packed snack into the cup of salsa and pop it into your mouth, you will be in doubt as to whether the salsa makes the Crusty Potato Fingers exciting or the other way round! Never before would you have tasted such a crunchy snack of potatoes dipped in a special batter and coated with crushed corn flakes before deep-frying till perfectly golden. Serve this appealing snack immediately, with a cup of tangy salsa.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the salt and the potato fingers, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and refresh it using enough cold water. Keep aside.
- Combine the coarse paste and the batter in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Dip each potato finger in the batter and roll in the cornflakes till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry a few potato fingers, at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with salsa.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.